This document contains information of how Guesthouse Haltinmaa collects, handles and stores the customer’s personal data.
When a customer contacts Guesthouse Haltinmaa in order to book a service personal information is required.
Guesthouse Haltinmaa complies with the General Data Processing Regulation and is aware of the customer’s right of access to the collected personal information and the right to have it inspected, amended or erased.
How customer data is collected
- Directly from the customer during the booking process
- From the person who makes the booking on behalf of the customer, e.g. a family member or a traveling partner
- From a travel agency, a tour operator, another person, a company or an association who makes the booking on behalf of the customer
- From a hotel reservation company such as Booking.com
Customer data is collected for the following purposes
- Processing the customer’s reservation for accommodations, meals and other services
- Communications with the customer in regard to the booking, invoicing and payments
- Marketing, sales and delivery of the services at Guesthouse Haltinmaa
What kind of customer data is needed
- Customer’s first and family name, date of birth, nationality, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number
- Customer’s method of payment
- Customer’s preferences and special needs regarding the services, e.g. type of accommodations and dietary preferences
- Customer feedback and reclamations
- Customer consent to direct marketing
The methods of collecting customer data are
- During a personal meeting
- Web booking form
- Postal letter
- E-mail or Facebook-message
- Telephone call
Who receives and handles the data shared with Guesthouse Haltinmaa
- The owners and the employees at Guesthouse Haltinmaa have access to the customer data
- Customer data can be forwarded to Finnish authorities if they have a legal basis for requesting such information
- Customer data can be forwarded to partner companies for the delivery of services the customer has requested
- Customer data can be forwarded to companies which process payment transactions
Guesthouse Haltinmaa does not rent or sell customer information to third parties. The companies who provide the social media platforms used by Guesthouse Haltinmaa have their own privacy policies which the customer is encouraged to read.
Storage of collected information
Customer information is kept in the database three years from the date the service is rendered. Additionally customer information may appear in bookkeeping records for as long as legally required.
Attn. Mrs. Satusisko Ahonen
FI-99490 Kilpisjärvi, Finland